[Jaws-developers] Gadget Actions Explained

Edgar Merino donvodka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:50:45 UTC 2011

Hello, I'm new to the list so hi everyone.

I'm trying to develop a gadget, I'm following the code in the example
"Skeleton" gadget, most of it is clear for me but I'm having a hard time
understanding actions. I see there are, at least, 4 types of actions:

NormalAction
LayoutAction
AdminAction
StandaloneAction

The only one I fully understand is AdminAction, which is for actions
available for the widget in the administration panel. I believe
StandaloneActions are for actions that don't require a view to be
displayed (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I don't know when I should
use LayoutActions or NormalActions.

Can anyone give me a hand on this? I've been a jaws user for about 7
years now but this is the first time I need to code a gadget.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Edgar Merino